In 1919 Sister Patricia Thibadeau was tasked with establishing the first medical record department at St. Mary's Hospital. In 1926 she became the administrator of St. Mary's, but her interest in medical records remained. She presented a plan for a medical record librarian program at St. Mary's in conjunction with the College. In 1935 she received approval for an academic department at the College. What would become today's Health Informatics and Information Department celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2010. In 1980 Sister Patricia was posthumously honored by the American Medical Association for her contributions to Allied Health Education and Accreditation.