1912-2012

The College of St. Scholastica

Alternative content

Get Adobe Flash player

A Century of Saints



Sister Ann Edward Scanlon '34

06/09/2011

Sister Ann Edward ScanlonSister Ann Edward Scanlon served as the fifth president of the College, from 1960 to 1967. It was a period of significant transition, including the legal separation of the College from the Monastery. She oversaw the construction of Somers Hall and the doubling of the size of the library. She helped plan the Science Center, which opened in 1969. Sister Ann Edward is also remembered by generations of alumni for her warmth and friendship during decades of teaching history and serving as floor prefect, dean of women, academic dean, alumni director, and foreign student advisor. She retired in 1994. 



Comments

Leave a Comment

 
*Name:
*Email:
(email not published)
*Comment:  
*Text Shown in Picture:
 



Faceebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Flickr Student Blogs