St. Scholastica Leadership and Community-Building Scholarships
By filing this application, you will be considered for the following scholarships
(see more specific details about each scholarship at css.edu/freshmanscholarships):
- The Sharon Labovitz Leadership Scholarship
- The Sister Mary Rochefort Community Builder Scholarship
(Recipients are required to live on campus their first two years - including local students)
The scholarships range from $3,000 to full tuition plus room & board, based on the application and the student's need level as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the specific scholarship the student may be selected for.
- Applicant must be an entering first-year student in the traditional undergraduate program.
- Applicant must be accepted and know their CSS Student ID to apply (provided on the acceptance letter). If you have not yet been accepted, we invite you to apply for the Leadership and Community Builder Scholarships once you have been accepted. Please contact Admissions with questions about your acceptance/ID.
- Applicant must have taken a leadership role in extracurricular activities and/or their local community. The scope of extracurricular activities can include school, community, church and volunteer work. Leadership activities can be defined as developing a program, holding an office, etc.
- Academic requirements vary by scholarship. The applicant will be considered for the scholarships they qualify for, based on these academic requirements and the other requirements laid out here: (Please see academic requirements for each scholarship at css.edu/freshmanscholarships).
- Financial Need may be taken into consideration in choosing recipients. Applicant should submit the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.gov to be awarded scholarship.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Recipient must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment status.
- Recipient must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (GPA 2.0 or higher and 67% completion ratio).
- Recipient should file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year while enrolled.
- Additional requirements for the Sister Mary Rochefort Community Builder Scholarship:
- Recipients will be required to attend either the Multicultural Leadership Orientation (MLO) or Community Service Orientation (CSO) August Adventure activity.
- Recipients will meet and enjoy a meal with the Sisters on a yearly basis.
- Once the school year has started, the recipients will need to complete the Individual Plan for Academic Success Assessment and schedule a one-on-one meeting with Chris Davila, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, to discuss expected outcomes including:
- Setting academic goals for the year
- Identifying strengths and areas of concern
- Building an individual plan for resources
The requirements listed above (and those available at css.edu/freshmanscholarships
) are effective for all new and current students who accept the scholarship. Failure to complete any of the above requirements will result in the loss of the scholarship. By checking below, you are agreeing to the requirements listed above, and understand that failure to complete any of the requirements will result in loss of the scholarship.
Instructions for applying:* Indicates Required Fields